Trends and Challenges Companies Face in the Asia Pacific region:
- By 2030, two-thirds of all middle-class consumers will be in Asia, making this region a priority for U.S. companies to gain open and fair access to markets in the Asia-Pacific.
- See here for our 2020 APEC Priorities.
- Comprising of 21 member economies, which account for approximately 40 percent of the world’s population and over 50 percent of world’s GDP and half of the world’s trade, APEC is the top economic forum in the region that actively encourages economic growth, regional cooperation and trade and investment.
- Supports members’ interests within APEC and welcomes committed partnerships that APEC has established with the private sector to engage with participatory economies in addressing the complex economic issues that face the region.
- Works through APEC to maintain connections with business and governments in the region to pursue initiatives that can improve market access and greater regulatory compatibility for our members.
- Advocates for policies which encourage APEC economies to maintain an open trade and investment environment and eliminate non-tariff barriers across borders.
- Collaborates with other USCIB committees on areas of USCIB priority and expertise within APEC, including chemicals, e-commerce, customs, marketing and advertising and global value chains.
- Convenes issue-specific events and meetings with high-level government officials to discuss member priorities and APEC meetings and outcomes.
- Facilitates business input into APEC through four main channels: U.S. APEC Business Coalition, APEC Business Advisory Council (through the National Center for APEC — NCAPEC), International Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Government.
Magnifying Your Voice with USCIB:
- USCIB is the only U.S. business association formally affiliated with the world’s three largest business organizations where we work with business leaders across the globe to extend our reach to influence policymakers in key international markets to American business.
- Build consensus with like-minded industry peers and participate in off-the-record briefings with policymakers both home and abroad.
Positions and Statements