Business Guide to Trade and Investment
Volume 2 – International Investment
by Arthur E. Appleton and Patrick F.J. Macrory
Focusing on Investment, this book provides an overview of rules applicable to making and protecting foreign investments. It will enable the business community, in-house counsel, and government counsel to better understand the types of protection provided by international investment agreements and investment contracts, as well as the range of issues that arise in the arbitration of investment disputes.
With contributions from 25 legal experts, the book addresses:
- preliminary issues that an organisation contemplating making a foreign investment must consider;
- sources of investors’ rights with respect to their investments;
- the substance of investors’ rights;
- important jurisdictional issues;
- the process of investor-state dispute settlement.
Throughout the book, business guidance can be found in shaded boxes. Case descriptions and brief legal analyses appear in text boxes. Legal references and cases are provided in endnotes that follow each chapter.
Order your copy soon at Amazon.
ICC Publication No. 795E
Paperback, 2018 Edition