Organization: United States Council for International Business
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Senior Director, Member Services
General Description: Assists the Business Development Department in the full range of membership development, including attracting new corporate members and retaining and developing current membership base. Particular emphasis is required on the process of identifying prospective members, conducting research, servicing their needs and ensuring their participation upon joining. Organizes preparation of membership financials, membership reports, and completes general day-to-day administrative tasks for the Membership and Business Development Departments.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Must be detail oriented and have strong interpersonal, administrative and organization skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, content management systems and other computer and web-based programs. Interest in international business policy issues or non-profit management/fundraising a plus.
- Member/Prospect Research and Marketing
- Responds to companies requesting information about membership; answers members’ questions about how to become active in committees; reviews company annual reports to identify member areas of interest and potential recruits.
- Assists in maintaining prospect lists by industry and geography; as well as sources ideas for new prospects. Contacts prospects via phone and in writing and manages prospect follow-up process, as needed.
- Member Participation
- Helps to identify areas for improved member participation; conducts committee by committee review of participation and coordinates with Policy Staff to enlist their help in contacting inactive members to increase involvement.
- Prepares quarterly participation reports and risky member list to identify potential resignations; tracks Policy contact with risky members and coordinates with Policy Staff of resignation prevention.
- Business Development/Foundation
- Assists in planning of USCIB International Leadership Award Dinner; maintains sponsorship outreach list, invitation lists; provides logistical support; assists in interface with attendees, etc.
- Provides support to Business Development Department in USCIB Foundation-related activities; maintaining invitation lists to events, assists with scheduling meetings, etc.
- Assists with logistical details around any other membership-related meeting as they come up.
- Acts as focal point for coordination with Business Development and Policy Staff on any regional meetings/events by generating invite lists, timing announcements, tracking and follow up of responses.
- Coordinates with members on changes to committee mailing lists.
- Helps to set up meetings for membership trips to meet with prospects/members.
- Manages and coordinates with Senior Director the membership section of the website.
- Assists in preparation of annual membership fee billings; prepares, and mails invoices with renewal letters; produces and regularly updates monthly financial reports.
- Follows up on unpaid dues by phone and email.
- Assists with tracking of payments in Membership Financials; works with accounting department to accurately report on outstanding payments.
- Assists in maintaining and updating CRM database (netForum).
- Updates membership list regularly and circulates to staff.
- Maintains ongoing write up of new members and resignations each year (via Membership Financials).
- Provides Membership Rosters and Participation History reports upon request.
- Provides meeting support as necessary when events are held at USCIB offices.