Position: Executive Assistant, Office of the President
Reports to: President and Chief Executive Officer
Office: New York City
THE OPPORTUNITY – About USCIB: Founded in 1945, USCIB promotes open markets, competitiveness and innovation, sustainable development and corporate responsibility, supported by international engagement and regulatory coherence. Its members include U.S.-based global companies and professional services firms from every sector of our economy, with operations in every region of the world. With a unique global network encompassing the International Chamber of Commerce, the International Organization of Employers and the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD, USCIB provides business views to policy makers and regulatory authorities worldwide, and works to facilitate international trade and investment. More at www.uscib.org
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the President and CEO (“Pres/CEO”), the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors, trustees and senior management team; organizes and manages board meetings, elections and communications; and oversees special projects. Provides all required administrative and executive assistance in the office of the President. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Pres/CEO including: manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; draft and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect Pres/CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Pres/CEO updated. Anticipate Pres/CEO needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the Pres/CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including scheduling and attending all meetings of senior staff; drive all initiatives to completion.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, board meetings, all-staff meetings, and occasional offsites.
- Serve as recording secretary for all Board of Directors and Finance & Oversight Committee meetings.
- Work with the Strategic Initiatives (Business Development) and Policy teams to coordinate the President’s outreach activities, including support of annual gala.
- Act as travel arranger for President and other supported executives; research best options primarily using Concur; act as the internal expert resource for organization-wide travel arranger staff; primary point of contact with Concur and American Express GBT account managers and customer support teams; with Finance team, review periodic reports; stay up-to-date with travel and expense reporting new features and best practices; implement carbon offset purchases against organization-wide international travel.
- Ensure department heads are informed of major events on President’s calendar; organize and coordinate with appropriate staff to prepare President for speaking engagements, member meetings and special events.
- Manage Trustee and Director lists for mailings, meetings, and elections, including website updates.
- Cultivate relations with Trustee and Board member offices to help ensure general knowledge of USCIB activities; facilitation of communications from the Office of the President, as well as inclusion of organizational information in executive bios, etc.
- Organize and manage high-level non-member contact lists (business, government/IGO, affiliate organization leadership, etc.), ensuring timely outreach and meeting announcements for President or other senior USCIB representatives, as appropriate.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Answer main phone line and respond to inquiries.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
- Nonprofit board, membership-driven organization or business association experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Passion, or experience in international business, travel and cultures.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Highly organized and impeccable attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize, maintain confidentiality, and exhibit discretion in handling sensitive issues.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, members, senior executives, staff, and international organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), and Adobe Acrobat.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated executive assistant to assume important role pivotal highly respected organization.
- The starting salary will be commensurate with candidate experience.
- Health, dental, vision, Rx, long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Vacation, PTO, and holidays (and summer hours: 2:00 PM closings on Fridays)
- Matching 401(k)
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org