Faced with the urgent need to make faster and smarter progress towards achieving the ambitions of a range of international agreements including the Addis Ababa Action Agenda, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the UN Framework on Climate Change and its Paris Agreement, inclusive multilateralism is essential. In this context, USCIB has developed a 2 year initiative: “Campaign All In.”
All In has launched a global conversation on how to strengthen dialogue, partnership and engagement with business to advance implementation of 2015 outcomes via the multilateral system. The Campaign brings together policymakers and global businesses in key UN cities to begin a conversation on opportunities for harnessing the power of all industry sectors to achieve the SDG goals and other sustainability initiatives.
Campaign All In was launched during a roundtable event on May 8, 2019 in which USCIB partnered with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the International Organization of Employers (IOE) to convene the first All In Roundtable on Inclusive Multilateralism, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Business. Further ‘All In’ roundtables are planned for Bangkok on June 11 and in New York in July. Together, the three roundtables will address six key themes:
- Enabling Public-Private Partnerships with the UN for the SDGs (Geneva)
- More than the sum of the parts: Leveraging public private cooperation in science and technology for the SDGs (Geneva)
- Using Value Chains to mobilize multi-sector engagement and synergy for the SDGs (Bangkok)
- Economic Empowerment and inclusion to catalyze SDG impact (Bangkok)
- Investing in Infrastructure in all its forms for the SDGs (NYC)
- Measuring and Mainstreaming Impact of Private Sector Engagement on SDGs (NYC)
Utilizing the outcomes from the 2019 discussions, All In will develop a 2020 Action Plan for Inclusive Multilateralism.
Discussion Papers & Outcomes
- Public Private Partnerships with the UN – Designing for SDG impact
- Leveraging public private sector cooperation on technical and scientific knowledge for targeted SDG implementation
- Summary Report from Geneva “All In” Roundtable: Priorities, Challenges and Possibilities (advance copy)
Stay tuned, more publications to come.
- New York High Level Political Forum (HLPF) Roundtable
- New York UN General Assembly Conference
- Details TBC
*Events are based on invite only