Trends and Challenges Facing Companies in China:
- China is the United States’ second largest trading partner, has the world’s second largest GDP and is a critical player in the world economy.
- Despite being an important trading partner, trade-restrictive requirements persist for USCIB members doing business in China, including on government procurement, burdensome restrictions on the cross-border flow of data and continued intellectual property violations in audiovisual, software, agriculture biotechnology and chemicals.
- Advocate U.S. business views on China’s progress toward implementing its WTO accession obligations, specifically with USTR and the U.S. government interagency Trade Policy Staff Committee, while supporting the current work on the U.S.-China Bilateral Investment Treaty.
- Provide a forum for business representatives, U.S. government officials and China experts from multilateral institutions to advance projects in high priority areas to the U.S. business community.
- Engage U.S. business in government-to-government processes, including the U.S.-China Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade and the Strategic and Economic Dialogue.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments in the National People’s Congress and the central government in China.
- With our sister business organizations in China—the China Chamber of International Commerce (ICC China) and the China Enterprise Confederation (IOE China)—we address top issues facing U.S. companies engaged in trade and investment with China.
Magnifying Your Voice with USCIB:
- USCIB is the only U.S. business association formally affiliated with the world’s three largest business organizations where we work with business leaders across the globe to extend our reach to influence policymakers in key international markets to American business.
- Build consensus with like-minded industry peers and participate in off-the-record briefings with policymakers both home and abroad.
Positions and Statements
Executive Counsel, Public Policy
General Electric China
China Environment Task Force