Trends and Challenges for U.S. Companies in the EU:
- The U.S. and EU share the largest bilateral trade and investment relationship in the world. While their approaches to common economic issues often diverge, their longstanding and integrated commercial ties help foster a harmonized and mutually beneficial partnership.
- S. companies hold an important stake in trade issues that arise on both sides of the Atlantic that affect jobs, standards and the regulatory environment.
- Monitors European political developments that have an impact on U.S. business interests.
- Fosters multilateral work on the transatlantic dialogue.
- Strongly supports the elimination of trade barriers between the U.S. and EU.
- Facilitates the engagement of U.S. business in bilateral dialogues, including the Transatlantic Economic Council, and actively contributes to industry coalitions that follow EU affairs.
- Holds meetings with officials of the European Commission and the U.S. government on issues vetted with members in multilateral forums, including investment, environment and trade liberalization.
Magnifying Your Voice with USCIB:
- USCIB is the only U.S. business association formally affiliated with the world’s three largest business organizations where we work with business leaders across the globe to extend our reach to influence policymakers in key international markets to American business
- Build consensus with like-minded industry peers and participate in off-the-record briefings with policymakers both home and abroad.