- This event has passed.
Arbitrating Disputes with Brazilian Parties: Expectations & Realities
March 30, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join the ICC International Court of Arbitration and Mayer Brown for a program on various challenges that arise when arbitrating disputes with Brazilian parties.
Brazil being the United States’ and Canada’s largest trading partner in South America, the panel will explore the different expectations that parties and practitioners from North America and Brazil may bring to their disputes, including with respect to the selection of arbitrators, the organization of the arbitral procedure, compliance with and enforcement of arbitral awards, the impact of investigations and anti-corruption legislation, and the role of state courts. The panel will share practical tips to consider when drafting dispute resolution clauses that may facilitate the efficient management of disputes involving North American and Brazilian parties.
This event is supported by the United States Council for International Business (USCIB)/ICC USA, ICC Canada, and ICC Brazil, and speakers include:
- Julie Bedard, Partner, Head of International Litigation and Arbitration Group for the Americas, Skadden, New York
- Eduardo Damião Gonçalves, Vice President, ICC International Court of Arbitration; Partner, Mattos Filho, Sao Paulo
- Valeria Galindez, Independent Arbitrator, Galindez Arb, Sao Paulo
- B. Ted Howes (moderator), Partner, Mayer Brown, New York
- Pedro Jardim de Paiva Barroso, Legal Manager – International Disputes, Petrobras, Sao Paolo
- Ana Serra e Moura, Deputy Secretary General, ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris
This program is free of charge and prior registration is required here.