- This event has passed.
Fifth Annual Pacific Rim Tax Institute Conference
February 19, 2015 - February 20, 2015
The Fifth Annual Pacific Rim Tax Institute is a two-day conference bringing international tax policy and management issues to the forefront of corporate tax leaders and tax professionals, focusing on the Pacific Rim arena.
The audience will be comprised of high level corporate tax directors, tax counsels and tax managers as well as international and US government personnel. The countries represented will include Canada, China, India, Japan, Mexico and Vietnam.
Purpose of the Conference
- To provide a venue for Pacific Rim countries to share their current important tax issues and developments before their peer countries, along with OECD tax officials, multinational tax officers and practitioners interested in these important issues.
- To encourage constructive dialogue between the corporate tax community and tax administrators and to improve a mutual understanding and more effective compliance with the participating countries’ tax rules.
- To enhance the relationships between tax professionals and country tax administrators.
Agenda – Thursday, February 19, 2015
- Domestic and International Tax Developments
- BEPS I – Intellectual Property, Intangibles, Transfer Pricing, PE, Digital Economy Tax Issues (Actions 1, 5, 7, 8-10)
- Lunch Keynote Speaker: Doug O’Donnell, Deputy Commissioner (Int’l), IRS
- Government Panel #1: China, Japan, Mexico
- Advanced Pricing Agreements and Transfer Pricing Audits
Agenda – Friday, February 20, 2015
- Government Panel #2: Canada, Vietnam
- Government Panel #3: India
- BEPS II – Base Erosion Treaty Abuse, Hybrid Utilization, CFC, Interest Payments, Accountability Monitoring (Actions 2, 3, 4, 6)
- Lunch Keynote Speaker: Robert B. Stack, Deputy Assistant Secretary (International Tax Affairs) U.S. Department of the Treasury
- BEPS Part III – Administrative and Audit Focus – U.S. and Foreign Perspectives, Including: IGAs, Joint Audits, Competent Authority, Transparency etc. (Actions 11 – 15)
- Emerging Companies in a Global Merging World (e.g. 367(d) and Inversions)
A reception/cocktail party for all attendees will be at the Four Seasons Hotel (Ballroom Lobby) from 5 pm to 6 pm on Thursday.