- This event has passed.
Resolving International Commercial Disputes
April 15 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Resolving International Commercial Disputes: What You Need to Know About International Arbitration and Mediation Trends
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Virtual / 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. EDT
In-house and outside counsel as well as students beginning their practice will benefit from this interactive roundtable discussion on the advantages of arbitrating international disputes, recent institutional innovations, and key points to consider to effectively and efficiently manage and resolve disputes.
This program will also touch upon developments and the panelists’ experience with the mediation of international disputes, particularly in light of the recent Singapore Convention on Mediation requiring signatories to recognize and enforce mediated settlement agreements.
– Elizabeth Balakhani, Assistant General Counsel – Dispute Resolution and Prevention, GlaxoSmithKline, Philadelphia, PA
– Kathryn Barnes, Senior Counsel, Chevron, San Ramon, CA; Co-Chair, Corporate Counsel Subcommittee of USCIB/ICC USA Arbitration Committee
– Jeremy Heep, Partner, Troutman Pepper, Philadelphia, PA; Co-Chair, Pennsylvania Bar Association International Law Committee
– Marek Krasula, Regional Director for North America, ICC International Court of Arbitration (SICANA Inc.), New York, NY
– Conna A. Weiner, Mediator, Arbitrator and former in-house counsel, Boston, MA; Chair, Northeast Subcommittee of USCIB/ICC USA Arbitration Committee
This program is virtual, free of charge and participants will have an opportunity to network immediately following the panel discussion.
For more information and to register, please visit this link.