- This event has passed.
Webinar: Updates from the ILO on Uzbekistan
September 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am
USCIB will host a call on Tuesday, September 8th focused on the work led by the International Labor Organization (ILO) on the Government of Uzbekistan’s efforts to combat forced and child labor – particularly in their cotton industry. Presenters will include representatives from a range of ILO departments working in support of the Government of Uzbekistan’s commitments linked to their ratification of key ILO standards, including on forced labor. This business-only discussion will also include member attendees from some of our key peer associations, including American Apparel and Footwear Association, US Fashion Industry Association, National Retail Federation, and Retail Industry Leaders Association.
Date: September 8th, 2020
Time: 10:00am- 11:15am EST
- Kevin Cassidy, Director and Representative to Bretton Woods, Multilateral Organizations and Canada, International Labour Organization Office for the United States
- Jonas Astrup, Chief Technical Adviser, TPM project, supported by Oxana Lipcanu, project coordinator
- Olga Koulaeva, Director ILO Moscow (responsible for Uzbekistan)
- Dan Rees, Director of Better Work
- Conor Boyle, Head of Programme Development, Learning and Country Programmes for Better Work
- Wael Issa, Senior Adviser, Governance and Tripartism