Trends and Challenges Facing the Food & Agriculture sector:
- Responding to rapidly evolving changes in global food systems due to dramatic shifts in climate and demand.
- The shift away from evidence -based policy responses to meaningful food security and enhanced environmental sustainability.
- The growing trend to view business as the “problem” and not part of the solution among public and private actors who fail to recognize mutual interests and limitations.
- Advocating for business as a solutions partner in international forums including the OECD Health Committee and OECD Agriculture committee.
- Showcasing business leadership, investments and innovation at the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Committee on World Food Security (CFS) as they seek effective policy approaches on food security and nutrition in the context of changing rural-urban dynamics.
- Calling for public/private partnerships involving all stakeholders to improve transparency and broaden participation to meet the global challenges facing the sustainability of agriculture and food systems.
Magnifying Your Voice with USCIB:
- USCIB is the only U.S. business association formally affiliated with the world’s three largest business organizations where we work with business leaders across the globe to extend our reach to influence policymakers in key international markets to American business.
- Build consensus with like-minded industry peers and participate in off-the-record briefings with policymakers both home and abroad.
Director, International Public Affairs
Diego T. Ruiz
Vice President, Global Public Policy and Government Affairs
Vice President, Product Policy and Innovation
202-617-3159 or email@example.com
Policy and Program Assistant
202-682-5861 or firstname.lastname@example.org