The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) has done a soft launch of a new business tool on September 22, specifically tailored to Small-and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) called SME360X.
SME360X is a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform co-created by ICC and GIST that measures the impacts of business operations on the environment. There are many external risks that threaten the survival of businesses everywhere. A company’s factory location that was relatively risk-free when it was set up decades ago could now be facing extreme risks from stressed water resources and severe shifts in weather patterns. A ban on single use plastics could threaten the survival of a company. Community protests could lead to the shutdown of an industrial operation. SME360X will help its users identify the environmental risks that are most material to their business.
SME360X enables users to:
- Measure, economically value and manage business impacts on nature and the environment.
- Compare environmental performance with regional and sectoral peers and competitors.
- Receive a single, understandable environmental impact score (PIE Score).
- Decide which improvement and abatement initiatives are most impactful.
- Easily and affordably report on sustainability performance.
- Obtain a Global Sustainability Certification from ICC.
- Data belongs to you: highest level of security ensured using blockchain storage.
For more information on the tool and to obtain the tool, visit the ICC’s website.