Position: Membership Associate
Organization: United States Council for International Business
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Vice President, Membership
General Description: Unique opportunity to gain experience in a global business association by assisting the Business Development Department in the full range of membership development, including attracting new corporate members and retaining and developing current membership base. Particular emphasis is required on the process of identifying prospective members, conducting research, servicing their needs and ensuring their participation upon joining. Organizes preparation of membership reports, and completes general day-to-day administrative tasks for the Membership and Business Development Departments.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Must be detail oriented and have strong interpersonal, administrative and organization skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, content management systems and other computer and web-based programs. Interest in international business policy issues or non-profit management/fundraising a plus.
- Prospect Research
- Research new member targets to build the prospect pipeline; develop prospect profiles.
- Manage and track prospect follow-up process.
- Member Participation
- Respond to companies requesting information about membership.
- Review company annual reports to identify member issues areas of interest.
- Coordinate with Policy Staff to schedule committee reviews on participation.
- Chart and monitor quarterly participation reports.
- Maintain the list of Members At Risk (MARS).
- Schedule member briefings for Membership Department and policy staff with member contacts.
- Business Development/Foundation
- Assist with USCIB International Leadership Award Dinner; maintain sponsorship outreach list, invitation lists; provide logistical support; assist in interface with attendees.
- Support The USCIB Foundation-related activities; schedule and attend BOD meetings.
- Manage logistics on Foundation related meetings and events.
- Manage schedules and travel for promotional trips to meet prospects and members.
- Maintain the membership section of the website.
- Assist in preparation of annual membership fee billings; prepares, and mails invoices with renewal letters; assist in producing and updating monthly financial reports.
- Maintain member records in the CRM database (NetForum).
- Prepare updated membership lists quarterly; circulate to staff.
- Keep Membership Rosters and Participation History reports updated.
- Provide meeting support as necessary when events are held at USCIB offices.