Position: Policy and Program Associate, Corporate Responsibility & Labor Affairs
Organization: United States Council for International Business
Reports to: Vice President of Corporate Responsibility and Labor Affairs
THE OPPORTUNITY – About USCIB
Founded in 1945, USCIB promotes open markets, competitiveness and innovation, sustainable development and corporate responsibility, supported by international engagement and regulatory coherence. Its members include U.S.-based global companies and professional services firms from every sector of our economy, with operations in every region of the world. With a unique global network encompassing the International Chamber of Commerce, the International Organization of Employers and the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD, USCIB provides business views to policy makers and regulatory authorities worldwide, and works to facilitate international trade and investment. More at www.uscib.org
Supports the Vice President of Corporate Responsibility and Labor Affairs on a variety of projects involving the development and dissemination of USCIB policy positions, research papers and meeting preparation and materials. Also supports participation and representation of USCIB at key United Nations meetings, including the UN SDGs High Level Political Forum and the UN General Assembly. Supports USCIB member engagement and development.
- Maintain substantive knowledge of key labor, corporate responsibility, business & human rights, sustainability and/or corporate governance issue areas at intergovernmental and national levels globally; Identify, track, and summarize key issues and developments, and disseminate updates to members.
- Build dialogue and mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders on the priority issue areas noted above, including with representatives of the U.S. Government, Civil Society Organizations, IOE, BIAC, ICC and their national employer organization members.
- Participate in internal USCIB planning meetings. Coordinate development of agendas for and participate in Corporate Responsibility and Labor Affairs Committee (CR/LA Committee), SDG Working Group and Corporate Governance Committee (CG Committee) in-person meetings, committee webinars and conference calls. Participate in the CR/LA, SDG & CG Committee annual planning and strategic review meetings. Maintain CR/LA, SDG & CG Committee activity, progress, and benchmarking tools.
- Attend meetings and events relevant to CR/LA, SDG & CG policy committees and engagement strategy around NYC, Washington, DC and internationally, as needed; be able to represent USCIB positions; provide notes to staff and members.
- Participate in USCIB UN Sustainable Development Goals Working Group activities, follow and report on UN SDGs developments, and support development of the Business for 2030 website.
- Draft, proofread and edit various products including policy statements, press releases, blogs, letters, committee newsletters, presentations, final papers and formal comments/responses to U.S. government or multilateral institution invitations for comments on policy documents. Develop content updates for relevant portions of the USCIB website, including the CR/LA & CG Committee sections.
- Develop and plan engagement opportunities for members on key issues areas including business and human rights, regulatory developments, future of work, etc.
- Participate in and report on key external initiatives, as directed.
- Make contacts with members and potential members as necessary; provide assistance to membership department in recruiting and provision of member information. and taking minutes and providing summaries of meetings
Bachelor’s degree is required, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Master’s degree or equivalent experience a plus. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, content management systems and other computer and web-based programs, including Squarespace and diverse forms of social media. Must be detail-oriented and have strong client-oriented interpersonal, administrative and organization skills. Interest in international business policy issues or international relations a plus.
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual.
- The starting salary will be commensurate with candidate experience.
- Health, dental, vision, Rx, long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Vacation, PTO, and holidays (and summer hours….2pm closings on Fridays)
- Matching 401(k)
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.