Organization: United States Council for International Business
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Policy and Government Affairs
General Description: Provide program and administrative assistance to both the Vice President of Corporate Responsibility and Labor Affairs and the General Counsel on a variety of USCIB policy and program related activities. Also supports participation of USCIB at key United Nations meetings, including the UN SDGs High Level Political Forum and the UN General Assembly. Supports membership and policy staff with membership engagement and development.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, content management systems and other computer and web-based programs, including diverse forms of social media. Must be detail-oriented and have strong client-oriented interpersonal, administrative and organization skills. Interest in international business policy issues or international relations a plus.
- Provide support for the Corporate Responsibility and Labor Affairs Committee and the Corporate Governance Committee. Duties will include: preparation of materials for policy committee meetings (e.g., agendas, handouts, letters, forms, reports, participants lists, badges, etc.) and webinars; preparation, organization, and e-mail distribution of meeting notices/materials to committee members and coordination of e-mail responses of same; setting up teleconference calls; assisting with logistical support of meetings, including registration and coffee/food service for participants in-house, and taking minutes and providing summaries of meetings.
- Provide support for the Arbitration Committee. Duties will include: preparation of materials for committee meetings (e.g., agendas, handouts, letters, forms, reports, participants lists, badges, etc.) and webinars; preparation, organization, and e-mail distribution of meeting notices/materials to committee members and coordination of e-mail responses of same; setting up teleconference calls; assisting with logistical support of meetings, including registration and coffee/food service for participants in-house, and taking minutes and providing summaries of meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of issue areas to be used in liaising with members, providing written and presentation materials, and participating in internal strategy planning sessions.
- Manage ongoing responsibilities including drafting, proofreading and editing materials (e.g. outgoing e-mails, letters, newsletters, presentations, and other materials); arrange and attend staff meetings. Assist with management of documents and communications with USCIB international affiliates and international organizations.
- Support and attend, where needed, meetings and events relevant to policy committees and engagement strategy around NYC and Washington, DC; provide meeting notes to staff and members. Make contacts with members and potential members as necessary; provide assistance to membership department in recruiting and provision of member information.
- Provide assistance with USCIB Arbitrator/Mediator/Expert Database and maintain records of Arbitration Committee, including appointments, terms and nominations.
- Support maintenance of relevant portions of the USCIB website as needed, particularly the Corporate Responsibility and Labor Affairs Committee, the Corporate Governance and Arbitration Committee profiles. Manage event registrations and collection and integration of comments on policy statements and final papers, as needed.
- General and specific conference and event planning, including handling conference registration forms and processing fees; creation and production of materials for distribution, with a possibility for more extensive involvement in event logistics and organization.
- Provide basic office and administrative support including sorting and distributing incoming/outgoing mail; answering telephones and taking messages; photocopying documents; maintaining electronic filing system; assisting in mass mailings when needed; maintaining supplies and cleanliness of office; managing and coordinating calendars; performing other duties as assigned, including filling in for other assistants as required.
- Enter and update committee member information in CRM software as necessary, with ability to run up-to-date reports, rosters, and distribution lists for numerous active committees, as well as perform routine searches.
- Support policy managers in planning and making travel arrangements.
Submit resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 7, 2018.