601 New Hampshire Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20037 USA
Tel: (202) 342-3800
Saudi Arabia at a Glance:
- Saudi Arabia, known as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, is the largest Arab state in Western Asia and the second largest in the Arab world.
- The official language of Saudi Arabia is Arabic.
- There are 20 million Saudi citizens and 5 million foreigners living in Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia’s command economy is petroleum-based; roughly 75% of budget revenues and 90% of export earnings come from the oil industry.
- Saudi Arabia is one of only a few fast-growing countries in the world with a relatively high per capita income of $24,200 (2010)
- Saudi Arabia will be launching six “economic cities” which are planned to be completed by 2020. These six new industrialized cities are intended to diversify the economy of Saudi Arabia, and are expected to increase the per capita income.