This year’s United Nations High-Level Political Forum on sustainable development will be held from July 10-17 under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council. The theme for the forum will be “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world” focusing on the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Goal 1.End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2.End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3.Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5.Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9.Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14.Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
USCIB is deeply engaged in all aspects of the 2030 Development Agenda, advocating for good governance and the rule of law, economic growth, investment in infrastructure, enabling environments to foster innovation, strong public-private partnerships and above all, an open channel for business input into policy negotiations and implementation.
USCIB believes that good governance and rule of law, infrastructure, enabling environments and private-public partnerships are the building blocks of success in achieving prosperity and eradicating poverty. While much work remains, USCIB members are already doing their part to ensure the realization of these goals. Each week, we will feature one of these goals in this publication. Additionally, we refer you to USCIB’s “Business for 2030” website which showcases the private sector’s contributions to the SDG’s. Stay tuned!