USCIB will hold its second annual Geneva Week trip for members and prospects May 6-10, 2019 under the theme: “Business in Society: Shared Values.”
USCIB is pleased to announce that meetings with the following organizations are now confirmed: U.S. Mission, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO). Additional meetings will be confirmed in the coming weeks. Please check this page for updates.
The purpose of Geneva Week is to generate valuable conversations and connections between the U.S. business community and UN Agencies, Missions to the UN-Geneva, and other important Permanent Representatives in Geneva. It is a week-long opportunity to:
- highlight your company’s work and policy priorities in the areas of health care, intellectual property, nutrition and sustainability;
- demonstrate business’ commitment and contributions towards shared goals; and
- raise any key concerns you may have regarding the intersection of international policy making and global business.
USCIB’s targets for interactions include senior management from several Geneva-based UN Agencies and Permanent Missions, including:
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- UN Environment’s Chemicals and Wastes division
- U.S. Mission to the UN
- Australian Mission to the UN
- Brazilian Mission to the UN
- Canadian Mission to the UN
- EU Mission to the UN
- Japanese Mission to the UN
- UK Mission to the UN
Our desired outcome from the week is to build and strengthen relationships in support of continued and ongoing communication between Geneva-based institutions and the business community, as well as to ensure that UN Agencies and Missions clearly understand:
- Our shared values – how and where the synergies and areas of cooperation exist between business and multi-lateral institutions – and
- Our concerns regarding business access and business’ license to operate
Participation in USCIB’s Geneva Week is by invitation only, and costs a fee of $750.00. As spaces are limited, please contact Mia Lauter (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP or to receive more information.