Trends and Challenges Facing U.S. Business:
- Opening global markets for trade and investment can generate much needed economic growth and job creation in the U.S. and around the world if policymakers take the steps needed to address protectionist policies.
- Without investment, both inward and outward, economies stagnate and citizens suffer.
- Stress the importance of U.S. engagement and leadership in creating and enforcing rules for international trade and investment in forums such as the WTO and OECD.
- Press for progress on advancing 21st century standards for the full range of services trade.
- Discourage counter-productive measures that undercut our international commitments or could lead to retaliatory measures that hurt U.S. companies and workers.
- Advocate for broad policies and for specific investment agreements which strengthen the policy and legal environment for FDI.
Magnifying Your Voice with USCIB:
- USCIB is the only U.S. business association formally affiliated with the world’s three largest business organizations where we work with business leaders across the globe to extend our reach to influence policymakers in key international markets to American business
- Build consensus with like-minded industry peers and participate in off-the-record briefings with policymakers both home and abroad.
Op-Eds and Speeches
Charles R. (Rick) Johnston
Managing Director, Global Government Affairs