At the Time of Entry
- Use two blue (transit) certificates. Indicate in Section F(a) the customs port (of the country of transit) from which the goods will exit.
- Indicate only those item numbers that are transiting in the second half of Section F(a).
- Sign and date the voucher.
- Present the Carnet to customs at the port of entry.
- Foreign customs will indicate the item numbers in “Clearance for Transit, 1,” on the counterfoil and indicate the port to which the goods are being dispatched. The customs inspector will then assign the final date that the goods must exit that port in No. 2 of the counterfoil. It is vital to adhere to the re-exportation date and port of departure.
- The customs inspector will complete 4-6. sign and stamp No. 7 of both counterfoils and Section H of the first voucher on the transit certificate and then detach that voucher.
At the Time of Departure
- Present the Carnet to customs at the port of discharge.
- The customs inspector at the port of discharge will complete the Certificate of Discharge on the second counterfoil and Section H of the second voucher and then detach the second voucher.
- When the transit is complete, Signature Sections 6 and 7 of the second counterfoil will have been validated and both vouchers will have been detached.