DISCLAIMER: USCIB makes every effort to keep information on this page up to date. Users are advised to consult with the local customs authorities of the country or territory in question to ensure accuracy and conformity with local laws. USCIB cannot be held liable for any incorrect or out-of-date information contained on this page.
Accepts ATA Carnets for:
- Commercial Samples
- Exhibitions and Fairs
- Professional Equipment
Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey (TOBB)
Dumlupinar Bulvari No:252 (Eskişehir Yolu, 9.km)
06530 Ankara – Turkey
Tel: (90-312) 218 22 45 / (90-312) 218 22 62 / (90-312) 218 20 00
Fax:(90-312) 218 22 44 / 219 40 90-91-92-93
For Professional Equipment items, Turkish customs strictly requires the Holder or her/his representative(s) to hold a foreign passport.
1) Authorized Representative
- If temporary importation of a Carnet is handled by a representative, the said representative MUST sign box “F” of the importation and re-exportation vouchers. b. The name of the Holder’s representative in Turkey MUST be clearly indicated in Box “B” of the Carnet, which include the green cover, importation and re-exportation vouchers. c. NEW – In addition, the representative shown in Box “B” MUST obtain a Power of Attorney approved by the Turkish Consulate to confirm the validity of the proxy.
2) Temporary admission with Partial Relief from duties and taxes
- For goods under Carnets that are subject to “Partial Relief”, Turkish customs will charge the importer/Carnet Holder 3% of the total duties monthly. For further details, the importer/Carnet Holder may consult an “authorized Customs broker” in Turkey. b. For details regarding “Partial Relief”, please refer to Annex E of Istanbul Convention.
3) Penalties in violation of the use of Carnet
- Late re-exportation within 1 month from the date of Carnet expiry – A fine of TL 170 (approximately € 55 | US$60) will be imposed b. Late re-exportation within 2 month from the date of Carnet expiry – A fine of TL 340 (approximately € 110|US$120) will be imposed c. Late re-exportation exceeding 2 month from the date of Carnet expiry or goods do not get re-exported – A fine of two times the bonded value of the goods may be charged