Position: Website Design Intern – New York Office
Organization: United States Council for International Business
Reports to: Will directly support policy leads in sustainable development while working with a team of other members of the policy department.
Duration: July 2020 to October 2020; Part-time – up to 20 hours / week
The United States Council for International Business (USCIB) actively serves on the front lines of global policy, representing the views of our membership base of the largest U.S. multinational businesses in Washington, New York, Geneva, Paris and elsewhere around the world. USCIB takes part in international policy discussions to advocate for effective self-regulatory, multi-stakeholder, and legislative solutions that affirm the essential role business plays in building a prosperous and sustainable global economy for all.
Policy & Research:
Recognizing that business participation is essential to effective realization of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, USCIB launched businessfor2030.org. The site showcases business’ past and continuing contributions to the sustainable development agenda.
USCIB is looking for a Business for 2030 intern to work remotely and potentially in our New York City office, should reopening occur. The intern would primarily be responsible for ensuring a positive user experience through design and functionality. An internship at USCIB offers a unique opportunity to gain insights into international policy development and work with business leaders in a variety of sectors.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Redesigning parts of the website to ensure efficiency and functionality in adding new content
- Developing and executing design ideas to increase user experience and engagement
- Producing reports on website traffic and assisting with strategy to increase website visibility and functionality
- Corresponding with businesses and organizations to collect and/or update content
- Managing social media accounts related to the website
- Providing general administrative support
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or equivalent experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communication
- Proficient in MS Office, Squarespace and Google Analytics; experience with basic HTML coding strongly preferred
- Experience effectively running social media campaigns
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Familiarity with and interest in international business and policy desired. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated knowledge of the SDGs
- Starting as soon as possible for a term of 4 months
- Can work remotely with the possibility of being based in our New York City offices located close to Rockefeller Plaza
- Part-time schedule of up to 20 hours per week
- Stipend of up to $1000 (post-tax) available upon completion of the internship based on the quality of work and hours per week committed
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and short writing sample to email@example.com by June 17, 2020.