USCIB is a proud partner of World Trade Week NYC, an active network of more than 40 organizations in the New York metro region working together to underscore the importance of international trade, logistics and port operations on the region’s economy and to use their collective expertise to help the region’s businesses grow through international trade.
Every year, the President of the United States declares the third full week of May as World Trade Week. Trade organizations, businesses and other stakeholders come together both nationally and locally to promote and facilitate international trade in the U.S. economy. The New York tri-state region’s trade and transportation community celebrates World Trade Week throughout the month of May, offering a full agenda of educational seminars, global business networking events and the International Trade Awards Breakfast that recognizes the exemplary achievements by practitioners in the field.
We work together to:
- Recognize the contribution of international trade to economic growth and job creation in the New York metropolitan region
- Highlight the link between international trade and transportation and the region’s economic well‐being
- Celebrate companies and organizations succeeding in the global marketplace and highlight their contribution to the region’s economy
- Share knowledge, resources and ideas to facilitate small business success internationally
- Provide scholarships to undergraduate students of international business
Find out more at the World Trade Week 2016 website.